|Sawtell SPS and Associated Structures|
|Client: Coffs Harbour City Council||Description of role: Construction of Sewer Pumping Station and concrete pump well by secant pile method, including construction of valve pits and other structures for odour control, chemical dosing and access to the pump station. Installation of submersible pump sets and electrical controls for the pump station.|
|Contract: 44 weeks|
|Value: $ 4 million|
This pump station is the final piece of Coffs Harbour’s $250 million Coffs Harbour Sewerage Strategy. After completing the Gravity Sewer Pipeline Construction project at the same site, we are proud to continue our good working relationship with Coffs Harbour City Council. The works on this contract include;
- Construction of a reinforced concrete wet well 10m diameter & 10m deep via secant pile method. The wet well will be made up of approximately 20 tonnes of steel and 250 cubic metres of high strength concrete
- Construction of a double skin (brick & block) Switchroom c/w generator room and Amenities
- Construction of reinforced concrete Valve & Flowmeter Pits
- Construction of reinforced concrete Biofilter slab & installation of Biofilter system
- Construction of Dosing Unit foundations &reinforced concrete bunded area
- Construction of reinforced concrete hardstand area surrounding all structures
- Construction of a new access road and ring road to allow access to the new facility
- Installation of new site fencing and final landscaping to tie in with existing surrounds.
The works are now completed. Ledonne would like to thank all parties involved in the delivery of this complex project. See below for final site as well as construction progress photos.